American Well's Online Care Group is seeking a full-time staff psychiatrist to join our national medical practice. The position will include both clinical and administrative functions and will be 100% remote. Staff psychiatrists provide clinical care during typical business hours. Patient visits are scheduled appointments in nature.
As an OCG Staff Physician, you will dedicate 40 scheduled clinical hours/week, practicing general psychiatry on American Well’s telemedicine platform, with a strong focus on diagnostic evaluations and treatment planning. Working closely with the medical director and operations team, you will help refine clinical workflows and processes to increase patient access. You will strive to ensure high quality care and high patient satisfaction and participate in quality care initiatives. You will also be available for up to 5 hours/week for emergency backup and administrative duties. Some of these duties may include monitoring patient volume, OCG physician outreach, interfacing with clients, etc. In addition, you will complete on-going trainings and educational sessions, and attend regular department meetings.
The typical shift schedule is Monday through Friday from 11am-7pm in Central time. Night and weekend hours may be required up to 8 hours per month. Overnight hours are not required.
• Board certification in psychiatry
• Licensed (in good standing) and residing in a state participating in the Interstate Medical Licensure Compact (IMLC)
• A minimum 1-3 years post-residency clinical experience
• Background that facilitates prompt state licensure (US medical school and residency, completed board exam or recertification in last 10 years and clean malpractice record)
• Excellent clinical skills as well as solid technical & computer skills
• An interest in new medical program development
What We Offer:
• Competitive salary
• Malpractice insurance with tail coverage, health insurance, disability/life insurance
• 401K plan with matching contribution
• Generous PTO and professional development days
• CME Reimbursement
• Licensure in 20+ states purchased by OCG
$1 million per occurrence, $3 million in the aggregate; tail coverage included
Reimbursement for up to
$2500/year (expenses related to organization dues, CME events, etc.)
Paid Time Off
25 personal days annually
5 professional development days annually
Health insurance coverage paid by OCG
May elect to add coverage for spouse/children (incremental premiums paid by physician)
401K, FSA, dependent care plans Malpractice coverage The Online Care Group - American Well will provide malpractice insurance for this job.