The Department of Radiation Oncology at East Carolina University’s Brody School of Medicine located in Greenville, NC is seeking a BE/BC Radiation Oncologist. The duties and responsibilities of this position will consist of performing and providing clinical care to patients with cancer diseases and other conditions treated with radiotherapy. Candidates with interest in clinical research and trials and scholarly work related to SABR modalities is encouraged. New grads are encouraged to apply.
The Eddie and Jo Allison Smith Cancer Tower is located on the campus of Vidant Medical Center, a regional academic medical center, affiliated with the Brody School of Medicine at East Carolina University. The 418,000-square-foot facility features 96 inpatient rooms, 60 infusion areas with a view of outdoor healing gardens and 58 different clinics centered on patient care. The theme throughout the building features flowering trees, calming color palates and art work of soothing nature scenes and North Carolina flowers. An image renewal center provides access to wigs, prosthetics and compression sleeves and garments. A resource center offers additional services to patients and families, including psychotherapy, support groups and complementary therapies.
The new cancer tower includes a new radiation oncology clinical department which will be among the most state of the art in the Southeastern region. Technologies in the department will include two Varian TrueBeam linacs equipped with Optical Surface Imaging, Calypso, respiratory gating and a 6DoF couch, a Varian Edge stereotactic linac, an M6 CyberKnife, an HDR brachytherapy suite, a GE CT simulator and a fifth vault configured for an MRI-linac.
Job Highlights include:
• Comprehensive cancer center team including medical oncologists, radiation oncologists, benign and malignant hematologists, surgical oncologists, gynecology oncologist, established hematology oncology fellowship program, and patient navigators
• State-of-the-art equipment including a Gamma Knife Perfexion unit with dedicated MRI and patient support space plus a Cyber Knife and a full spectrum of radiology services
• Established clinical trials program
• Hospital privileges at Vidant Medical Center, a 974-bed evel 1 trauma center
• Referral network includes 29 county area with a population of 1.4 million people
• Only ACoS accredited Academic Comprehensive Cancer Center (ACAD) in Eastern North Carolina
• Actively involved in multidisciplinary disease teams to provide clinical care, research, and teaching of medical students and fellows
• Department co-sponsors an accredited Medical Physics graduate program and residency with the ECU Department of Physics
• Affiliation with four community practices in North Carolina on an integrated ARIA/Eclipse network, facilitating coordination of care and quality standardization.
Located in Greenville, the fast-growing cultural hub of eastern North Carolina, Vidant Medical Center is the heart of the Vidant Health system. We have more than 900 licensed beds and are proud to offer extensive inpatient and outpatient services to more than 1.4 million people across 29 counties.
Vidant Medical Center is the third largest Level I Trauma Center in the nation and serves as the flagship teaching hospital for the Brody School of Medicine at East Carolina University. We are a tertiary care referral center and designated Magnet hospital. Our thousands of dedicated health care professionals include specialists from all over the country and around the world.
Every day, we work to improve patient outcomes through groundbreaking research, innovative technologies and award-winning programs and services at our state-of-the-art facilities. Putting patients first is more than a goal here — it’s a way of life. That’s why we continue to be recognized nationally for our patient- and family-centered approach to care, and why we’re the ultimate regional resource for comprehensive health services and clinical expertise.