Outstanding Radiation Oncologist needed to Join Team in Oneonta, NY
Job descriptionBassett Healthcare Network, a progressive health care network in Central New York and major teaching affiliate of Columbia University, is seeking BC/BE Radiation Oncologist to join an outstanding comprehensive cancer program. The ideal candidate will work as an important member of a multidisciplinary team to provide patient oriented care. There is a treatment facility at the main Bassett campus in Cooperstown and a second satellite facility in Oneonta, NY is 30 minutes away. This position will be primarily based out of Oneonta, NY and travel will be required for coverage in Cooperstown.
Bassett Regional Cancer Program is a multidisciplinary initiative with 50 years of continuous accreditation by the American College of Surgeons as an approved Cancer Center and 30 years of participation in NCI sponsored clinical trials.
Pertinent Highlights Include:
· Full spectrum of radiation oncology services include:
o IMRT, IGRT, 3D conformal therapy, SRS, SBRT, low dose and high dose rate brachytherapy, respiratory gaiting, and radiopharmaceuticals
· Equipment at Cooperstown Campus:
o Varian Trilogy, Phillips Big Bore 16-slice CT simulator (new linear accelerator to be installed in the next 6 months), GammaMed multichannel HDR afterloader, Eclipse planning system and ARIA electronic record and dosimetry services
· Equipment in Oneonta:
o Varian 23ix and dosimetry services
· Group employed model with competitive salary
· Comprehensive benefit package, including but not limited to medical, dental, CME, relocation assistance and paid malpractice insurance
· Forbes’ 2018 America's Best Mid-Size Employers BenefitsSalaryInquire withinCandidate RequirementsState license requirementsNew YorkBoard CertificationCandidates must be board certified/eligible.Interview requirementPhone interviewOther requirementsThis position will be primarily based out of Oneonta, NY and travel will be required for coverage in Cooperstown. Clinicial Workload - CombinedThis job consists of both inpatient and outpatient work.