Springstone is seeking a Medical Director - board-certified/eligible Psychiatrist at our Rainier Springs Hospital in Vancouver, WA.
What sets us apart:
• Progressive Programming including medication management, individual and group therapy
• Our patient-centric approach delivers superior outcomes for our patients.
• Assumes oversight of the medical staff of the hospital. Participates in the recruitment, retention, and development of all staff members in this area. Ensures adherence to the Medical Staff Bylaws by all members of the hospital’s medical staff.
• Actively participates and provides leadership in the peer review process including OPPE / FPPE activities.
• Chairs the Medical Executive Committee and participates as an active member of the Hospital Board of Governors.
• In collaboration with the CEO and other Senior Leadership, ensures the successful implementation of the Hospital’s strategic plan.
• Oversees the quality of care delivered to his/her patients.
• Assesses clinical appropriateness for admission and collaborates with
• Assessment and Referral regarding potential admissions.
• Performs psychiatric assessments for individuals under his/her care.
• Completes documentation necessary to address patients hospitalized under civil commitment statutes.
• Provides individual therapy, family therapy and/or medication management as needed for patients under his/her care. Appropriately requests consultation when indicated. Provides psychiatric consultation when requested.
• Maintains patient confidentiality and complies with all HIPAA standards.
• Completes all documentation requirements legibly and within timeframes
established by Medical Staff Bylaws and Rules and Regulations.
• Leads the multidisciplinary treatment team and participates collaboratively in scheduled staffing regarding the treatment of his/her patients.
• Demonstrates appropriate medication administration and ensures that documentation regarding medications complies with facility and regulatory standards.
• Complies with all Seclusion and Restraint requirements including responding to the facility within one hour when contacted for Seclusion and Restraint orders.
• Ensures that cases are adequately covered when away from the facility.
• Completes necessary documentation to ensure accurate reimbursement for services provided.
• Complies with all Medical Staff Bylaws and Medical Staff Rules and Regulations. Complies with all facility policies and procedures. Maintains professional behaviors at all times.
• Prior inpatient and/or outpatient experience in a behavioral healthcare setting practicing psychiatry and/or addiction medicine
• Current unencumbered medical doctor (MD) or osteopathic doctor (DO) licensure
• Unrestricted DEA and State Controlled Substances registration