Ridgeiew, a not-for-profit community mental health center, based in Oak Ridge, TN, has an immediate opening for a full time or part time Inpatient Psychiatrist.
Ridgeview has been named a 2018 Top Workplace by Knoxville News Sentinel. Ridgeview is a place where staff want to work, a place where staff are valued and appreciated, and a place where staff are proud of the impact they are making toward the improvement of people's lives. At Ridgeview, ultimate job satisfaction is derived from co-workers, clients, and the realization that we are part of carrying out Ridgeview's mission.
What you bring: THE IDEAL CANDIDATE
• Board certified or Board eligible psychiatrist
• TN Medical license in good standing
• DEA license
• Culturally competent
• Passionate about the work and mission-driven for the well-being of our clients
What you have to look forward to: THE JOB
• 16-bed inpatient setting
• Adult client population
• Acute intervention focus with short term stays (ALOS: 5 days)
• Supervision of a Nurse Practitioner who is covering the unit 4 days a week and every other weekend
• This individual would need to cover the other 1 day per week plus every other weekend that the NP is not covering. The weekend coverage could be part of their regular schedule or we can set it up as just providing weekend rounds.
• Total hours needed is ideally a minimum of 24 hours to cover the 1 day/week plus every other weekend. The NP supervision includes review of 20% of the NP charts.
• Family friendly environment that values supportive co-worker relationships
• Professional non-profit accredited by The Joint Commission, certified by Medicare and Medicaid, and licensed by the Tennessee Dept of Mental Health and Substance Abuse Services
What you have to look forward to: THE BENEFITS
• Competitive salary in a no-income tax state
• Moving costs covered
• Sign-on bonus or 6 months’ living expenses paid (your choice)
• On-call and rounding pay
• 4 weeks paid vacation accrual/ sick leave accrual/ paid holidays
• Medical/ dental/ vision/ life & ad&d / long term disability/ malpractice insurance
• Retirement plan
• License cost/ professional organization dues/ continuing education conference annually
What you have to look forward to: THE COMMUNITY
• Oak Ridge, TN, has a community-wide focus on emerging science and technology that supports a diverse array of cultural opportunities and has an award-winning school system.
• Outdoor enthusiasts will find rowing at Melton Lake, hiking/climbing at Smoky Mountain National Park, and other options all around.
• Sports enthusiasts can cheer on the Tennessee Vols at nearby University of Tennessee or any of several minor league teams. For the big leagues, Nashville and Atlanta are within easy driving distance.
• Oak Ridge hosts its own community playhouse, chamber orchestra, community band, and children’s museum; even more opportunities await in the surrounding area.
Ridgeview is an equal opportunity employer. Employment is contingent upon clean drug screen, background check and driving record.