Saint Thomas River Park is seeking an Adult or Geriatric Psychiatrist to provider full-time coverage starting July 1.
• Physician will be covering 3 units. Average length of stay for patients: Geriatric units will average 7-14 days, adults will average 3-7 days
• Credentialing timeline is approximately 30 days, but emergency privileges may take less.
• Best practice for initial evals is within 24 hours, but policy may be closer to 60 hours. Patients need to be seen 5 out of 7 days a week. Telehealth is also available for use which could ease the transportation time.
• Typical cases: Geriatric will be a mixture of behavioral disturbance secondary to dementia and affective disorders. Adult will mostly be affective disorders.
• The physician will split his/her day between 2 facilities. There is a nurse practitioner that can aid in patient management as well.