In this role, you will provide direct service and clinical expertise to Cityblock members as part of our innovative care model, designed to address the complex health and social challenges of high-risk, high-need populations living in urban neighborhoods. You will be a care provider in the hub, but also extending services out into the surrounding neighborhood and community. It is integral to our care model that we meet people where they are, both physically and emotionally. Given this, your work will frequently take you out into the community to provide care in settings that work best for our members.
As a Psychiatrist with Cityblock, you will work with a panel of members to improve their health holistically. You will provide a necessary bridge to ongoing behavioral health services in the community, will be accessible for crisis management from a behavioral health perspective, will support existing services (i.e. outpatient mental health or substance use treatment), and will be an accessible resource to both members and their care teams. Additionally, you will provide clinical support to the Behavioral Health Specialist team who will be providing short term therapy and leading members through their Member Action Plans (MAPs) respectively. You will work alongside, and will be supported by, the care teams (Pods) associated with each member.
• Follow a panel of members to provide behavioral health assessments, diagnosis, treatment recommendations, treatment planning, clinical treatment, medication management, and follow up planning.
• Be a key contributor in the development and implementation of behavioral health clinical programming within the hub/market and capabilities that support both core business and long-range company growth
• Work with clinical and operational leadership to measure and continuously improve the quality of behavioral health care provided to Cityblock members in your market
• Provide clinical support to other care team members, especially Behavioral Health Specialists and Community Health Partners
• Coordinate services and relevant Member Action Plan (MAP) goals and tasks with Cityblock care teams, as well as community service providers.
• Foster lasting and trusting relationships; you will be the point person for the members on your panel with significant behavioral health diagnoses.
• Participate with our on-call system
• Flexibility around evening hours once to twice a week
• Work with members longitudinally to achieve their goals and identify new needs.
• Collaborate closely with existing outpatient behavioral health providers.
• Go above and beyond to connect with people in a non-judgmental, respectful and empathic manner, to meet their needs, and to provide feedback to the system as a whole as we strive to do better every day.
• Work daily within our custom-built care facilitation platform, Commons, which will enable you to collect data, organize information, track tasks, and communicate with staff, patients, and family. This platform is built for a mobile workforce, and you will field-test our technology, provide feedback to the product development team, and, over time, become part of a super-user group to assist in onboarding and supporting others.
You’d be a good fit if:
• You are a board-certified Psychiatrist licensed to practice in North Carolina
• You have more than 3 years experience providing direct mental health treatment
• You are an independent self-starter, a leader, and a strategic thinker who is excited about the big picture of whole community health, and the ongoing evaluation and iteration of our care model.
• You have experience working within an interdisciplinary team
• You are excited about how technology can support your work and help drive the ongoing evaluation toward new, better, care.
• You have no restrictions on your ability to provide care to Medicaid or Medicare patients
Nice to have:
• Experience working with patients in public mental health
• Experience working with patients with co-occurring chronic substance use and mental health diagnoses.
• Experience with MAT
• Multilingual preferred
• Unrestricted North Carolina Driver’s license and vehicle for daily usage