McLaren Greater Lansing has a fulfilling opportunity for a Geriatric Psychiatrist to provide hospital based care in Lansing, Michigan at Penn Campus. The Geropsychiatric Evaluation and Management Services (GEMS) team includes occupational therapists, clinical social workers, psychiatric nurses and a consulting neuropsychologist. This is a pristine unit with 20 licensed beds & a daily census of 10 patients.
• The general type of patient is dementia with agitation, bipolar, depression, anxiety, and occasionally schizophrenia.
• Average amount of admissions is one or two per day, with only one psychiatrist we are maxed at a census of 10.
• Average length of stay is based on severity of the case, with Dr. Casher it is one to two weeks or longer.
• Age of our patients is 65 and over most in their 70's and 80's.
• Dr. Casher only does consults when he is on call after hours or weekends.
• They have someone that does consults during the day M-F at Greenlawn
• Shift Notes: Full-time, Monday - Friday, 8 hrs days, 40 hours/week
• Board Certified - Required
• Fellowship trained in Geriatric Psych - Highly Preferred (Must have Geriatric experience if not fellowship trained)
• Must be able to work full time starting early June - Required
• BLS - Required
• MI License & CSR at submission - Required
- Coverage: Occurrence-based
- Claim Limit: $1.0M
- Aggregate Limit: $3.0M
- Carrier: Coverys