Join one of the leading providers of services to loyal veterans who have served our country. An ideal candidate would be a Board Eligible or Board Certified Psychiatrist who can provide services in a 30-bed inpatient ward at the Alexandria VA Medical Center in Pineville, Louisiana. You will be required to provide coverage during a 40-hour work week, from 8:00 a.m. to 4:30 p.m., Monday through Friday, excluding weekends and holidays.
Role and Responsibilities:
• Provide inpatient clinical services as outlined by the Alexandria VA Health Care Center.
• Provide care consistent with the national standard of care, based on best clinical judgment, VA/VHA clinical guidelines, VA/VHA directives, pertinent VA/VHA performance measures and guidelines.
• Shall be present on time for any scheduled clinics as documented by physical presence in the clinic at the scheduled start time. Psychiatrist shall adhere to SVAHCS service agreements between Primary Care provider and Psychiatry services.
• Participate in continuous quality improvement activities and meetings with committee participation as required by the SVAHCS Chief of Service, Chief of Staff, or designee as necessary.
• Attend staff meetings as required by the VA HCS Chief of Service, Chief of Staff, or designee
• The contract physician(s) shall complete the appropriate QM/PI documentation pertaining to all procedures, complications, and outcome of examinations.
• Must have current license to practice medicine in any state.
• Current Drug Enforcement Agency (DEA) registration