In this role, you will provide direct service to Cityblock members as part of our innovative care model, designed to address the complex health and social challenges of high-risk, high-need populations living in urban neighborhoods. You will be a mobile care provider, extending out in the surrounding neighborhood and community. It is integral to our care model that we meet people where they are, both physically and emotionally. Given this, your work will frequently take you out into the community to provide care in settings that work best for our members.
As a Behavioral Health Clinician, you will work with a panel of members to improve their health holistically. You will provide a necessary bridge to ongoing behavioral health services in the community, will be accessible for crisis management from a behavioral health perspective, will support existing services (i.e. outpatient mental health or substance use treatment), and will be an accessible resource to both members and their care teams. Additionally, you will provide clinical support to Behavioral Health Specialists and Community Health Partners who will be providing short term therapy and leading members through their Member Action Plans (MAPs) respectively. You will work alongside, and will be supported by, a care team associated with each member.
• Follow a panel of members to provide behavioral health assessments, diagnosis, treatment recommendations, treatment planning, clinical treatment, medication management, and follow up planning.
• Provide clinical support to other care team members, especially Behavioral Health Specialists and Community Health Partners.
• Coordinate services and relevant Member Action Plan (MAP) goals and tasks with Cityblock care teams, as well as community service providers.
• Foster lasting and trusting relationships; you will be the point person for the members on your panel with significant behavioral health diagnoses.
• Work with members longitudinally to achieve their goals and identify new needs.
• Collaborate closely with existing outpatient behavioral health providers.
• Go above and beyond to connect with people in a non-judgmental, respectful and empathic manner, to meet their needs, and to provide feedback to the system as a whole as we strive to do better every day.
• Work daily within our custom-built care facilitation platform, Commons, which will enable you to collect data, organize information, track tasks, and communicate with staff, patients, and family. This platform is built for a mobile workforce, and you will field-test our technology, provide feedback to the product development team, and, over time, become part of a super-user group to assist in onboarding and supporting others.