ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS OF THE JOB:(This list may not include all of the duties that may be assigned.)
1. Delivers and directs patient care within scope of practice.
· Obtains complete and accurate information in a courteous and respectful manner in order to determine an appropriate treatment plan.
· Performs treatments quickly and efficiently while keeping the parents/patients informed and being sensitive to the patient's comfort during the treatment.
· Sets the expectation with the parents by listening to their concerns and addressing those that can be addressed and informing the parents of the course of action to follow for other health concerns.
· Advises patients and family members in methods that facilitate a capacity for self-care and a move toward a healthcare partnership between providers, patients and their families.
2. Communicates effectively with staff.
· Provides clear and concise verbal and written instructions and ensures that instructions are understood by listening and asking for feedback.
· Writes patient notes that are legible in order to provide adequate information for other health care providers.
· Addresses health care issues appropriately.
· Uses the Electronic Health Record to assist in the delivery of quality patient care.
· Applies customer service guidelines appropriate for the situation.
3. Consults and coordinates with health care providers working at any location.
· Provides assistance to the health care providers by answering questions regarding patient care.
· Works in coordination with the health care providers and care managers to develop treatment plans for patients.
4. Works with all other staff in the office as a member of the office and the system.
· Participates in fulfilling the mission, vision, goals and objectives of the organization
· Assists in committee and other duties.
· Maintains a clean work environment including adequate supplies and upkeep of office and equipment. Reports defective or missing equipment and safety hazards. Assists in disaster planning and activities.
· Coordinates and works with other team members to ensure the efficient and effective flow of patients though the office.
5. Works in coordination with the Quality Assurance Team and management to develop and implement a quality assurance program.
· Monitors the quality of care delivered.
· Completes charts reviews on a regular basis – including oversight and supervision of physician extenders.
· Provides and receives feedback on quality of care being delivered to ensure regulatory standards are met as they apply to the practice.
· Abides by policies, procedures and bylaws.
Current, Unrestricted Florida state specific DEA license
Pediatrician job duties involve considerable sitting, standing, walking, bending, and lifting on a daily basis.