The Brody School of Medicine at East Carolina University in Greenville, North Carolina is seeking a Forensic Pathologist to serve as the Director of Autopsy Services and Chief of the North Carolina Eastern Regional Medical Examiner’s Office. The Director and Chief will also serve on the Vidant Medical Center Clinical Service Line Executive Committee for Laboratory Services, and on the Brody School of Medicine Department of Pathology Executive Committee. The Director and Chief will be actively involved in department and hospital quality and peer review programs.
• Join a well-established academic practice with three other forensic/autopsy pathologists.
• Primary responsibilities will be to provide leadership and direction for the autopsy and medical examiner services and to perform autopsies and inspections.
• Additional responsibilities include the teaching of fellows, residents, pathologists' assistants and medical students.
• The Autopsy and Forensic Pathology Service performs approximately 600 autopsies annually.
• Opportunity to participate and support departmental research efforts. Faculty appointment will be fixed-term at the level of Clinical Associate Professor or Clinical Professor.
• MD or DO degree from an accredited institution.
• Board certification in Anatomic Pathology and Forensic Pathology
• Five years of clinical practice in forensic pathology and three years administrative experience are required.
• Preferred education and experience includes previous administrative experience as Head of Autopsy Service in an academic setting, demonstrated scholarly productivity, experience teaching residents and fellows, and administrative experience in a medical examiner office.