Role and Responsibilities:
• Perform Professional Orthopedic Surgery Physician Services (OR) Professional Orthopedic Surgery Physician Services (Clinical—assessment, pre & post-op)
• Perform Professional Services Inpatient Rounding / Call Schedule Services
• Perform administrative duties (M&M, Dictation/Documentation, Required VA training, & VA Surgery Meetings)
• Must be present in the operating suite for all Orthopedic Surgery Physician Services procedures.
• Provide consultative services at the patient’s bedside if the patient is not ambulatory and in the clinic setting if the patient is able to report to the outpatient clinic
• Must follow all established medication policies and procedures
• Must provide discharge education and follow up instructions that are coordinated with the next care setting for all Orthopedic Surgery Physician Services clinical or surgical patients.
• Must be Board Certified or Board Eligible by the American Board of Orthopedic Surgery
• Must have current Basic Life Support (BLS) certification