In this newly created position, reporting directly to the Chief Clinical Officer, the Chief and Medical Director will provide visionary clinical and administrative leadership for cancer care across Bassett Healthcare Network and strategic and operational leadership to drive program and service growth. This is an exceptional opportunity for a dynamic, growth-oriented, and clinically excellent cancer specialist with strong business acumen and leadership skills. The Chief and Medical Director will represent the Bassett Cancer Institute externally to regulatory agencies, other healthcare organizations and providers, and the public. He/she will serve as a key member of the Bassett Healthcare Network senior leadership team, and will participate as a member of the Board of the Bassett Medical Group.
The Ideal Candidate:
The ideal candidate will have an MD/DO from an accredited school of medicine, be board certified in his/her cancer-related specialty, and licensed or eligible for licensure in the State of New York. An MBA, MMM, MPH or MHA is a plus.
Required experience includes:
· A minimum of seven years of postgraduate clinical experience in his/her medical or surgical specialty. This may include hematology/oncology, radiation oncology, surgical oncology, or other related specialty with a strong clinical focus in the care of cancer patients.
· Five or more years of successful leadership experience in a Medical Director, Section/Division Head, Department Chief/Chair, or Associate Chief/Chair role.
In addition, the Chief and Medical Director will have:
· A high level of credibility among his/her peers as a clinical leader in cancer care.
· Experience in recruiting, developing, and mentoring physician talent.
· Contemporary market insight regarding the current status, trends, and outlook for the healthcare delivery system.
· Proven experience in the development, growth, and clinical leadership of an interdisciplinary service line or program.
· Experience working within a multi-hospital integrated delivery system, with concomitant understanding of the complexities of managing across a geographically distributed system of care.