**** Locum-to-perm Opportunity***
The Physician provides clinical services and demonstrates the knowledge and skills necessary to provide patient care that is appropriate to the ages of the patients served, in accordance with Heartland Health Services’ (HHS) mission and strategic goals, federal and state laws and regulations, performance and outcome objectives, and accreditation standards.
• Ensures clinic compliance with all applicable federal, state, local, and HHS rules, regulations, protocols, and procedures governing the clinical provision of medical services as well as those relating to, but not limited to, work place safety, public health, and confidentiality.
• Provides high quality professional family services to the patients of HHS.
• Provides on-call availability to patients of HHS on weekends, holidays, and all other non-regular hours: the responsibility for alternate physician coverage during vacations and conferences remains with the physician.
• Maintains the consistency and quality of all services provided to HHS and its patients.
• Maintains full, current, and timely medical records of patients, including reports of all examinations, procedures, and other services performed by physician and other support staff.
• Exercises diligence in keeping costs of HHS to a minimum.
• Plans and coordinates comprehensive medicine services with the continuum of care requirements of patients and with other providers of services.
• Participates in the marketing of family medicine services.
• Coordinates medicine services with members of the health team to provide for the highest quality and most efficient delivery of medicine services including, as acting as a collaborating physician for a midlevel provider(s) (Nurse Practitioner (NP) and/or Physician Assistant (PA).
• Participates in the Quality Improvement and Assurance Program of HHS.
• Complies in full with HHS’s Infection and Exposure Control Plan.
• Performs other related and/or necessary tasks to achieve organizational and programmatic goals and objectives, as directed by a supervisor.
• Works within the patient centered medical home team framework to not only provide care for individual patients but utilizes population based health principles for all of Heartland patients.
• Ensures proper care in the use and maintenance of equipment and supplies.
• Works in consultation with clinical teams, direct clinical support staff, and indirect clinical support staff to develop and implement policies and procedures that maximize patient-centered communication and services.
• Attends all staff meetings, department meetings, and any retreats.
• Maintains the strictest confidentiality.
• Performs related work as required.