KEY JOB FEATURES
• Full Time - Hospital employed
• Competitive Salary & Benefits
Work with renowned surgeon, Lee Guterman, MD, PhD
Work in an ever improving facility, recent renovation plans include:
o A new addition of 20,000 square feet of OR space
o A new MRI suite in an 8,100 square-foot addition
Work in top rated facility:
o Mercy received the National Research Corporation (NRC Health) Excellence Award for Large Hospitals – 300+ beds (over 700 hospitals in that category). The reward is given to organizations for their commitment to enhancing care experiences.
o Mercy’s critical care nursing team earned the Beacon Award for Excellence by the American Association of Critical Care Nurses (AACN).
o Mercy Hospital of Buffalo is an American Heart Association/JACHO Comprehensive Stroke Center.
o Mercy Hospital is a Stroke Gold Plus Quality facility per the American Stroke Association/American Heart Association
o Mercy Hospital is a 5 Star Hospital for the treatment of Respiratory Failure
o Mercy Hospital of Buffalo received the American College of Cardiology Platinum Achievement Award
• Provide general and stroke neurology inpatient care for neuroscience patients as requested
• Provide both ER and service coverage according to a mutually agreed upon schedule in advance.
• Participates in sharing of knowledge and expertise through in-services, staff meeting and assisting in Orientation of new personnel
• Physician will be expected to make daily neuroscience rounds as appropriate to service coverage
• Participate in Catholic Health System Department and Divisional activities as appropriate
• Participation on appropriate clinical committees
• Serves as the collaborating and supervising physician for the Neuroscience Nurse Practitioner and Physician Assistants
• Board Certified or Board Eligible in Internal Medicine through the American Board of Internal Medicine
• Board certified or eligible in Neurology
• Fellowship trained in Vascular Neurology (Stroke)
• Candidate must have current, unrestricted, New York State license or NYS Licensure in progress and active on date of hire
• The candidate must have current, unrestricted federal, and as needed state, prescriptive authority
• CPR Certified
• ACLS Certified
ABOUT MERCY HOSPITAL OF BUFFALO
Established in 1904, Mercy Hospital of Buffalo is a tertiary care center that offers the highest level of stroke and heart care. It is accredited by the Joint Commission to treat the most complex stroke cases, and the hospital houses the Catholic Health Heart Center, providing a full range of cardiac care services including heart surgery. Mercy Hospital serves as a Joint Commission-accredited Comprehensive Stroke Center with physician experts and capabilities to diagnose and treat the most complex stroke cases. The hospital is also home to the state-of-the-art Mercy Emergency Center featuring 32 private treatment rooms and a rooftop heliport. Mercy Hospital of Buffalo also has the Family BirthPlace providing a full spectrum of maternity/child services and a neonatal intensive care unit.
ABOUT CATHOLIC HEALTH IN BUFFALO
• Catholic Health has five hospitals throughout Western New York State
• Catholic Health’s network includes OBGYN, Primary care and specialty centers
• Catholic Health geographically covers two counties
• Catholic Health provides acute, outpatient and ancillary services, including Cardiac, Vascular and Orthopedic Excellence\
• Catholic Health has over 8000 employees
ABOUT WESTERN NEW YORK
Buffalo is located in Western New York State and is a beautiful waterfront city that offers all four seasons with numerous outdoor recreational activities to enjoy an active lifestyle all year round. Buffalo and Western New York provide many of the large city amenities such as theater, great food, excellent schools, great cultural events, without being encumbered by high costs, traffic and overcrowding. It is currently experiencing a rebirth and revitalization, which has changed the landscape as well as the opportunities for fun.
SALARY & BENEFITS / INTERESTED APPLICANTS: Interested applicants should reply with a current CV and a cover letter (with salary requirements) to the attention of:
Bridget Conti, Physician Recruitment, Catholic Health, 144 Genesee St., Buffalo, NY 14203
No solicitations from third-party recruitment firms (retained and contingency) and locums companies