1. Politically skilled with a demonstrated ability to successfully navigate initiatives through a public structure.
2. Possesses the ability to build consensus and facilitate interdisciplinary resolution to Clinic issues. Well-developed interpersonal and public relations skills.
3. Demonstration of well-developed management and leadership skills with clinical staff, non-clinical staff management, patients, and community organizations.
4. Able to develop relationships through interpersonal skills and professional reputation, allowing for the development and maintenance of trust and respect from both internal and external constituencies.
5. Working knowledge of clinical analysis, performance improvement and outcomes and ability to interpret and communicate complex medical issues.
6. Effective communication (written and verbal).
7. Establishes and strives to achieve "stretch" performance standards.
8. Creative, energetic persona with a strong public relations ability, professional demeanor, and attitude is essential.
9. A high degree of motivation and self-achievement is essential.
10. Knowledge of border health issues. Culturally sensitive.
Ten years of related experience providing primary care services, clinic medical management, healthcare administration or other related services with interaction/exposure in a clinical environment required.
Five years of previous management /administrative experience required. Experience is inclusive of private practice, chief medical officer, medical director, chief of staff, or equivalent.
Previous work in healthcare arena including: non-profit, teaching, hospital system, clinical, private healthcare organization or medical services organization preferred.
Must be able to meet Medical Staff credentialing requirements.
Advanced management degree preferred (MBA, MHA, MPA, etc.) preferred.