Mednax has a great opportunity for a BC/BE neonatologist to join our well-established practice in Lafayette, Louisiana.
• The practice provides 24/7 in-house coverage at Women’s and Children’s Hospital 50-bed NICU.
• Providers work 15 hour in house shifts overnight; 6pm-9am or 8-10 hour day shifts.
• This unit is the only one in Lafayette Parish designated with Level-III regional status, a distinction shared with only six other NICUs in the state.
• The hospital has 3,400 births per year and offers a full range of pediatric medical and surgical subspecialists.
• Services provided include high frequency ventilation, nitric oxide, and total body cooling as well as ground and air neonatal transports for the surrounding area.
• The practice also participates in many quality improvement projects at local, state, and national level.
• This is an opportunity to work at a facility which is located in a Health Professional Shortage Area (HPS), or Medically Underserved Area/Population (MUA/MUP).