In this role, you will work adjacent to our Level 3 and Level 2 Perinatal Centers. You will have the opportunity to work in a system with a developed Women’s Service Line to support the specialists and staff who care for the moms and babies in the eight counties of Western New York. Your colleagues and the women’s services clinical staff have completed the MOREOB® program, a comprehensive performance improvement program that creates a culture of patient safety in obstetrical units.
The successful candidate would be a member of the Core Faculty of the OBGYN Residency Program at Sisters of Charity Hospital with responsibilities to include clinical teaching, teaching rounds, and didactic sessions in rotation. A faculty appointment at SUNY Buffalo School of Medicine is available with rank dependent on experience and academic credentials. The role potentially includes research opportunity through one of our partnering universities.
Your responsibilities would include outpatient imaging and consultative services, very reasonable/light rotational inpatient coverage at our Level III hospital at Sisters (A State of the Art 40 bed Level III NICU), as well as outpatient imaging and inpatient consultation at the Level II perinatal center at Mercy Hospital (1:3). The fetal testing unit at each site draws from the hospital based OBGYN Centers as well as private practice physicians in the community.
You will work with an experienced team of colleagues, OBGYN providers, including midwives, Board Certified Neonatologists, Neonatal Nurse Practitioners and many subspecialists, that combined, deliver and care for nearly 6,000 babies every year. You would be supported by highly qualified ultrasound technicians in a collegial office setting. The hospitals have well respected labor and delivery units, with both employed and private practice physicians on staff. All of the Catholic Health OBGYN providers are electronic fetal monitor certified (EFM-C) as well as 100% of the Midwives, Residents and Nurses.
KEY JOB FEATURES
• Competitive Salary & Benefits (Malpractice, CME, Life, Disability & Retirement)
• Possible Loan Forgiveness
• Relocation Allowance
• Outpatient office on hospital campus with 1:3 on call rotation for phone consults
• Option to deliver patients if desired
• Outstanding team of providers, techs and subspecialists in a collegial environment
• OBGYN Residency Program is at Sisters location along with the new Level III NICU
• Possible research through university partnership.
• Care for pregnant patients in need of Maternal Fetal Medicine services in outpatient setting.
• Routine imaging (aneuploidy screening, anatomic survey, growth), High risk care, fetal imaging
• Specialized ultrasound (fetal echocardiography, Doppler)
• Resident didactic education, clinical rotations, and inpatient teaching rounds
• Leadership roles in Department or at each hospital are future goals – if you are interested, please let us know.
• Call is 1:3, primary phone calls, with onsite back up from residency program.
• Sub-specialty Board certification in Maternal Fetal Medicine or board eligible
• A health care provider in good standing with Medicare, Medicaid, and other federal and state health insurance programs, i.e. not excluded from participation in Medicare, Medicaid or any other federal or state health insurance program
• Candidate must have current, unrestricted, New York State license or NYS Licensure in progress and active on date of hire
• The candidate must have current, unrestricted federal, and as needed state, prescriptive authority.
• Letters of recommendation