Mercy Hospital St. Louis is seeking a Maternal Fetal Medicine physician for coverage.
• Each day we schedule 2 physicians in the center.
• The physicians are responsible for signing off on average 80-100 reports each day (that is total number not individually).
• Most of these are ultrasounds but 20-30% are Fetal testing like NST.
• About 20-25% of the report are from telehealth sites.
• We don’t have many scheduled consults in the perinatal center, less than 1 per day on average, and they are consults related to fetal conditions generally.
• Almost all consults related to maternal conditions are done in the office.
• There are more unscheduled consults related to abnormal ultrasound finding such as an anomaly or growth restriction.
• This varies between 0-4 per day in my experience.
• We have lots of support staff in pnc including fetal care team coordinators, genetic counselors, etc which can assist with patients and coordination.
• Any outreach locations: Still travel to St. Anthony’s – telehealth
• Average patients/month (NP and Established): Perinatal center – 80-120 ultrasounds procedures/day
• Clinic – 8-12 px per day
• Perinatal center – amniocentesis
• Mature & robust fetal care team
• Locums would not do deliveries
• Support Staff: 2 WHNP, 3 MAs, 3 RNs, fetal care team coordinators, fetal transfusion team, placenta team, in-house OB anesthesia, NICU
• Call Group (whom it is shared with): 1:6 with a NP (locums should expect weekend coverage with a 1 weekday in a 7 day period)
• No ped neuro or CT surg
• Maternal Fetal Medicine
• The practice is down 3 permanent providers. Without this physician there will be open shifts our current physicians have to cover and they are spread thin. This could result in poor patient care, longer wait times, mistakes, and could be detrimental to both
mothers and unborn children.
• Must have active license
• BC MFM required
- Coverage: Occurrence-based
- Claim Limit: $1.0M
- Aggregate Limit: $3.0M
- Carrier: Coverys