• Provides consultations and clinical services in outpatient and inpatient settings
• Maintains all applicable licenses, controlled substances registrations, board certifications, hospital privileges, and third party payer enrollments in good standing
• Supervises residents and participates in teaching activities for medical students and/or residents
• Participates in research and/or scholarly activities in the department
• Participates in committees and other administrative duties as assigned
• Ensures compliance with HIPAA and billing regulations
• Adheres to institutional and departmental policies and procedures
• Demonstrates professionalism in accordance with the Paul L. Foster School of Medicine's Declaration of Faculty Professional Responsibility
Academic degree as defined by the academic unit and as appropriate for the position held. Demonstrated record of effectiveness as a teacher, a record of peer reviewed publication and/or peer-reviewed creative activity which has contributed to the discipline or field of study, to the candidate’s intellectual and artistic development, and to the quality of the academic enterprise; a record of professional service appropriate to the discipline; promise of growth in teaching and research or artistic and creative activity.
• M.D. / D.O.
• Licensed in Texas or eligible for an unrestricted medical license in the State of Texas
• Successful completion of an ACGME accredited Cardiovascular Diseases Fellowship program
• Board Eligible for certification by the American Board of Internal Medicine in Cardiovascular Diseases
• Successful completion of an ACGME accredited Interventional Cardiology Fellowship program
• Must meet the practitioner qualifications for a Tenet relocation as set forth in the Anti-Kickback Statute and Stark Law
• Completion of an ACGME accredited residency in Internal Medicine