Essential Duties And Responsibilities
As an Iora physician, you will work closely with the Leadership Team to play a critical role in both care delivery and ongoing practice innovation. You will be responsible for the clinical leadership of the practice. Specific areas of focus include:
• Providing primary care within the practice, including face-to-face visits as well as non-visit based interactions (e.g. phone, email, groups, home visits, video chat)
• Comfort working with a medically complex population
• Supervising and teaching a team of health coaches, who, based on a community health worker or promotora model, will build strong relationships with patients, help patients set self-management goals, improve self-efficacy, and support clinical work
• Evolving the way we care for our patients through creative innovation of care delivery; contributing to practice improvement activities and across our practice network
• Communicating and marketing the Iora practice model to new patients as well as other stakeholders such as the medical community
• Developing a medical network with trusted outside medical consultants, hospitalists, emergency room providers, support services and others
We seek a board-certified/eligible Internal Medicine, Family Medicine, or Geriatrics trained physician who has or is able to obtain Georgia state licensure.
• The ideal candidate will be an excellent clinician, a systems thinker, technologically savvy, excited to work in an interdisciplinary team, value service to our patients, and revel in uncertainty and ambiguity.
• The ability to build successful relationships with team members (who have a wide range of professional training) by working without ego and with strong collaborative spirit is an essential attribute.
• Candidates with work experience outside of medicine, and those with other advanced degrees or specialization, are encouraged to apply, as are recent residency program graduates.
• Spanish language proficiency a plus but not required.