• Provides consultations and clinical services in an in-patient setting
• Attends in-patient consultations in areas of specialty
• Participates in continuing education activities to maintain or enhance knowledge and skills
• Collaborates with leadership group(s) to improve in-patient Quality of Care at teaching hospital
• Maintains all applicable licenses, controlled substance registrations, board certifications, hospital privileges and third party payer enrollments in good standings
• Supervises residents and participates in teaching activities for medical students and/or residents
• Refers patients to medical specialist, social services or other professionals as appropriate
• Extensive and on-going communications with community primary care physicians who routinely manage the care of patients currently in hospital
• Completes all clinical and professional records and documentation accurately and timely to assure compliance with local, state and federal regulatory, licensure and accreditation requirements
• Participates in committees and other administrative duties as assigned
• Ensures compliance with HIPAA and billing regulations
• Conducts discharge planning and discharges patients
• Adheres to institutional and departmental policies and procedures
• Demonstrates professionalism in accordance with Paul. L. Foster School of Medicine's Declaration of Faculty Professional; Responsibility
• Minimum of 2 years of experience as a hospitalist
• Board Certified in Internal Medicine by the American Board of Internal Medicine
• Experience as a Hospitalist in a community hospital setting
• Experience with residents as part of the hospitalist team
The Hospitals of Providence has been faithfully serving the El Paso community since 1902. Generations of families have chosen our hospitals. We serve as a steward of health in the El Paso community. Committed to providing the care you need, when you need it. Today, The Hospitals of Providence are comprised of our region’s most trusted hospitals, each dedicated to meeting your family’s specific healthcare needs. We have a passion to heal and make a difference in the lives of our community. And we’re always looking for others that feel the same way.
Opened in 2017, the 106-bed teaching hospital is a collaboration between Texas Tech University Health Sciences Center El Paso and The Hospitals of Providence. The facility is designed to serve the healthcare needs of El Paso and Southern New Mexico, while also providing a world-class training facility for up to 100 medical residents across a multi-year program.
• New full-service hospital with 106 beds in northwest El Paso.
• The Medical Plaza located adjacent to The Hospitals of Providence Transmountain Campus features physician clinic space.
• Transmountain Campus serves as a teaching facility for Texas Tech University Health Sciences Center El Paso medical students, residents, nursing students and researchers.
• The hospital will train up to 100 medical residents across a multi-year program.