• Clinical responsibilities will include developing an outpatient primary care practice within the outpatient clinic at Nashville General Hospital, the Meharry Ambulatory Care Center on campus or at an outpatient clinic operated by Meharry Medical Group that is separate from the main campus. The clinic operating hours may include Saturdays and evenings.
• Be an active participant in the patient centered medical home practice model and adhere to the quality matrices that have been established and work with the case managers and social workers to comprehensively manage the health care needs of your patients.
• The General Interest may be asked to teach internal medicine residents and medical students within the clinic and participate in educational conferences as time permits.
• Service responsibilities will include serving in medical school and/or hospital committees as determined by the Department Chair and Chief of Medicine for the Department of Internal Medicine.
• Doctor of Medicine degree along with an unrestrictive license to practice medicine in the State of Tennessee.
• Successful completion of an ACGME accredited Internal Medicine Residency Program.
• Successful completion of all requirements for Certification by American Board of Internal Medicine within 3 years of completing your Internal Medicine Residency.
• BLS and ACLS certification.