As a Primary Care Physician, you will care for a panel of members in a value-based care environment as part of a tailored interdisciplinary team, driving efforts to improve the health and wellbeing of our members.
• Manage a panel of high-risk seniors and individuals with disabilities, providing diagnosis, treatment, counseling, medication management, acute triage and follow up care
• Identify opportunities to improve individuals’ quality of care, adherence to medications, and closure of preventive care gaps
• Partner with other members of the care team, providing physical health clinical support and collaborating closely with Behavioral Health Specialists and Community Health Partners, among others
• Foster lasting and trusting relationships with individuals, their families and caregivers, and communities
• Work with members longitudinally to achieve their goals.
• Advocate for your members and engage with the community
• Go above and beyond to connect with people in a non-judgmental, respectful and empathic manner, to meet their needs, and to provide feedback to the system as a whole as we strive to do better every day
• Work daily within our custom-built care facilitation platform, Commons, which will enable you to collect data, organize information, track tasks, and communicate with staff, members, and family. This platform is optimized for a mobile workforce, and you will use our technology in the field, provide feedback to the product development team, and, over time, become part of a super-user group to assist in onboarding and supporting others
You’d be a good fit if:
• You are an MD or DO, Board Certified in Internal Medicine, Family Medicine, or Geriatrics with an unrestricted license to practice in the state of North Carolina
• You have experience providing direct care to underserved populations with complex needs -- particularly seniors and individuals with disabilities
• You are an independent self-starter, a leader, and a strategic thinker who is excited about the big picture of whole community health, and the ongoing evaluation and iteration of our care model
• You have experience working within an interdisciplinary team
• You are excited about how technology can support your work and help drive the ongoing evaluation toward new, better, care
• You are passionate about improving care delivery
Nice to have:
• Geriatrics experience
• Palliative care experience
• Experience with home-based care
• Experience working with individuals with co-occurring chronic medical and chronic behavioral health diagnoses.
• Unrestricted North Carolina Driver’s License and vehicle for daily usage
• Multilingual preferred