The Panel Provider is important to the success of the Wound Care Center® (WCC) and the provision of high quality care to its patients by joining the Program Director (PD), the Clinical Nurse Manager (CNM) and Local Medical Director (LMD) as a member of the multidisciplinary team.
Healogics is seeking a Panel provider, who will be responsible for:
• Encourage providers and nursing personnel to adhere to Healogics Clinical Practice Guidelines when medically appropriate, and should insist upon compliance with all hospital policies pertinent to care in the WCC.
• Support the PD, CNM, and LMD in the professional development of clinical and administrative staff.
• Serve as a resource for consultation and referral for providers from other disciplines.
• Support the WCC in remaining compliant with the requirements of pertinent accrediting and regulatory agencies.
• Participate, along with the PD, CNM, and LMD, in regular review of various clinical and quality indicators of center performance.
• Maintain a working knowledge of Healogics™ resources including medical, clinical, and operational support teams and be able to access and direct these resources appropriately to the betterment of the patients of the WCC.
• Promote his/her personal clinical development though self-directed and continuing medical education.
• Attend the “Essentials of Wound Care and Hyperbaric Medicine” provider training course or another equivalent course approved by a Healogics™ Chief Medical Officer prior to assuming panel provider duties.
• Act as an advocate for the WCC and provide education and information regarding the WCC to the local medical community.
• Provide regular presentations to various audiences (i.e., medical staff meetings, hospital department meetings, grand rounds presentations, local medical and community organizations, service clubs, etc.) to enhance knowledge regarding the capabilities of the WCC in the community.
Why become a Healogics Specialty Physician?
• Excellent work/life balance - no nights; no weekends; no call
• Competitive compensation model and bonus structure
• Malpractice coverage including tail