• Provides direct clinical treatment services to patients and their families on an outpatient and inpatient basis, insuring that patients receive the treatment necessary to treat their diagnosis or disorder. Works constructively and collaboratively with other health professionals. Focuses on attaining high standards of health care in their area of clinical expertise . Duties may include instructing, monitoring, and advising junior medical officers or other health care professionals as appropriate.
• Doctorate-Medicine Required
• Competent in delivery of healthcare services for adolescents, adults and geriatric patients. Age specific competency is measured by a variety of methods, which may include, but not be limited to, self-learning packets, review of age specific guidelines, direct observation, video, simulation, unit-based class, policies and procedures, or chart review.
Certifications, Licenses and Registrations
• Must be licensed for Physician and Surgeon in the state. Must also maintain an Controlled Substance license for the state and Federal DEA when applicable to their specialty. Must have successfully completed, or in the process of completing, an accredited residency program. Must maintain active medical colleague's privileges and medical colleague's membership. Must be board certification or board eligible. Licensed in the state of practice.
This is your chance to join a fast growing medical group in Illinois! HSHS Medical Group is recruiting a hospitalist for a growing program at St. Mary’s Hospital in Decatur. Join a fun and successful team of hospitalists.
St. Mary’s Hospital is a 300-bed facility located on beautiful Lake Deacatur that has been providing residents of Decatur and surrounding communities with high-quality care for more than 130 years.
• Full time Nocturnists work 168 shifts, very competitive compensation
• Productivity bonues AND Quality bonuses
• Work in beautiful St. Mary’s Hospital located on beautiful Lake Decatur which has just gone through a $150 million dollar renovation.
• Great specialty back up including a fantastic cardiology group, pulmonary, neurology, general surgery and more.
• No procedures or codes, 12 hour shifts (10 hours in hospital with 2 hour window
• Comprehensive benefits package including health, life, dental, vision & disability insurance; malpractice with tail coverage; relocation assistance and housing incentive; CME, pension, retirement plans, and more
• Decatur was ranked #1 Best Small Metro Area in America by Forbes Magazine and is a great place to live, work and play.
• Less than 3 hours from Chicago, the Decatur area is a wonderful and very diverse area with great schools and low cost of living.
• Thirty-six miles of Lake Decatur shoreline offer lovely home sites, spectacular views, and any water sport you desire.
• Decatur boasts two all-inclusive country clubs AND great golf courses!
• 48 parks provide miles of bike and hiking trails, horseback riding, camping,
skiing, fishing, gardens, and a variety of innovative children’s programs.
With a population of over 85,000, Decatur is a great place to live, work, play and raise a family! Ranked #1 Best Small Metro Area in America by Forbes Magazine, Decatur is located less than an hour from SIU School of Medicine in Springfield and Univerity of Illinois in Champaign-Urbana. Deactur is home to Millikin University. Decatur has a stable economy with the world headquarters for Archer Daniels Midland (ADM) and large production facilities for Caterpillar, Mueller Co., and Tate & Lyle. Plus 36 miles of Lake Decatur shoreline offer lovely home sites, spectacular views, and any water sport you desire. Decatur boasts two all-inclusive country clubs as well as a great public school system and many private school options. 48 parks provide miles of bike and hiking trails, horseback riding, camping, cross-country skiing, fishing, gardens, and a variety of innovative children’s programs.