The Iora model puts patients first, freeing us from traditional fee-for-service payment and its constraints on creative patient care, documentation and team staffing. Our teams of physicians, nurse practitioners, nurses, behavioral health specialists and health coaches work closely together to push the boundaries of what is possible for our patients. To that end, we combine the best of modern technology, evidence-based medicine and advances in teamwork to create a culture that grows and learns together.
Most importantly, Iora patients enjoy the benefits of improved access to care, no co-pays, options for non-office based encounters (e.g. phone, text messages, and email), group visits, yoga, cooking classes, an accessible and transparent medical record, and robust educational offerings. Our teams work collaboratively to creatively remove the barriers between patients and their health.
Our team members develop and support medical practices that put patient relationships and service quality first - and have the opportunity to lead systemic change in health care delivery in a dynamic, high-growth environment.
The Market Medical Director (MMD) is the senior-most clinical leader in Iora’s regional Atlanta market. Reporting to the Chief Medical Officer, the MMD works in tandem with the Operations Leader to lead care delivery and ongoing practice innovation in the Atlanta market.
The MMD’s priorities include clinical leadership of the market’s care teams, positioning them for success in a capitated healthcare environment. The MMD assures clinical excellence across the care spectrum. The MMD is also responsible for ensuring the execution and ongoing iteration of Iora’s transformative care delivery model. Within the market, accountabilities include:
• Maintaining a limited but regular clinical practice.
• Directly managing practice medical directors and the broader group of providers (physicians and nurse practitioners). This includes recruitment and onboarding of a best-in class provider group, professional development, coaching and leadership development.
• Leading and driving performance in the following areas: clinical leadership, clinical quality and safety, population health management, network care coordination, internal and external compliance, ongoing care team development and budgetary/resource management.
• Implementing Iora’s evolving care model across multiple practices, inspiring practice leaders to contribute to local and market-level improvement efforts and interfacing with Iora’s national Clinical and Product Development teams.
• Actively developing and managing a local medical network of trusted non-Iora medical consultants, hospitalists, emergency services, health systems, social support services, community partners and other specialists who care for Iora patients beyond the four walls of our practices.
• Ensuring the quality and accuracy of clinical documentation.
Partnering closely with the market’s Director of Practice Operations to jointly establish and implement a market strategy that achieves overall organizational goals.
• Championing and marketing the Iora practice model to our sponsors, new patients and other stakeholders, both within and external to the medical community.
• At least 5 years of practice experience post-residency and 5 years of experience in senior management roles at progressive physician groups required.
• Board certification in Family Medicine, Internal Medicine or Geriatrics required.
• Licensed or ability to obtain licensure in Georgia.
• Candidates with advanced degrees in management or similar fields and physicians with leadership experience at capitated/ risk-bearing medical groups are preferred.
Ideal Candidate Will Have:
• Proven record as an excellent clinician, having demonstrated a passion for caregiving in longitudinal patient relationships in settings that afforded depth and breadth of experience in the practice of primary care. Comfort working with a medically complex population is essential.
• An orientation toward extraordinary patient service, with listening skills and an inclination to put patients at the center of their care journey.
Strong record as a manager and leader, with experience developing the clinical and professional skills of interdisciplinary teams of clinicians, health coaches and specialists.
• Experience managing the health of a large population of patients across multiple practice locations, with comfort using data and technology to allocate people and resources, design strategies to engage patients most in need of support and facilitate effective panel management.
• The ability to lead and build successful relationships across the company and strong collaborative spirit.
• A bias toward action, with a willingness to try new things and act without perfect information