Provides primary (or specialty care as credentialed) to adults, children, or both on a scheduled as well as walk- in basis.
a) Meet or exceed clinical productivity benchmarks and other productivity indicators, and; actively participate in outcome and other quality-related initiatives aimed at improving patient outcomes, as identified by the Chief Medical Officer.
b) Assists in coordination of care for complex patients.
c) Completes accurate and legible records at the time of patient’s visits.
d) Protects and maintains in good condition, all medical equipment appliances, hand instruments, and is responsible for the security and proper use of such instruments and equipment.
e) Clinician is required to notify the Chief Medical Officer of change in status of licensure, DEA status, hospital privileges, Medicare or MediCal participation or criminal convictions of crimes greater than traffic misdemeanors that would require reporting to the Medical Board of CA.
f) Clinician is expected to comply with all regulations regarding charting (including prescribing of medications), lab work, follow up procedures, and pharmacy utilization of all programs in which SBNC participates. In addition, Clinician is expected to attend all QI and staff meetings.
g) Clinician is expected to chart in accordance with the program that is funding the patient, order appropriate labs, code the super bill as appropriate and be sure that all of the information has been returned to the front desk for entry into the Medical Information System. Also, Clinician will be expected to bill all visits with the correct CPT code and follow all administrative directives regarding forgiveness of payment.
h) Support SBNC's mission and philosophy. Follow clinic policies and procedures.
i) Consults with Chief Medical Officer regarding management of individual clients and interpretation of policy and protocol.
• Maintains all credentials necessary for the lawful practice of medicine in the State of California.
• Knowledgeable about and abides by all aspects of the Employee Handbook and ensures that all clinicians do the same.
• Agrees to treat all SBNC employees, volunteers, and guests with mutual trust and respect at all times and to require similar behavior from all clinicians.
• Maintains current driver’s license and access to reliable transportation. Willingness and ability to travel within service area required.
• Demonstrates strong commitment to mission, policies and goals of SBNC.
• Flexible and able to multi-task; can work in fast-moving environment
• Local travel only is required.
• Hours vary; alternating weekend work is required.
Experience as a clinician in a primary care setting (community clinic preferred).