***Iora is growing opening 4 new practices in Phoenix. Targeting a 9/1 start date***
Essential Duties And Responsibilities
As an Iora physician, you will work closely with the Leadership Team to play a critical role in both care delivery and ongoing practice innovation. You will be responsible for the clinical leadership of the practice. Specific areas of focus include:
• Providing primary care within the practice, including face-to-face visits as well as non-visit based interactions (e.g. phone, email, groups, home visits, video chat)
• Comfort working with a medically complex population
• Supervising and teaching a team of health coaches, who, based on a community health worker or promotora model, will build strong relationships with patients, help patients set self-management goals, improve self-efficacy, and support clinical work
• Evolving the way we care for our patients through creative innovation of care delivery; contributing to practice improvement activities and across our practice network
• Communicating and marketing the Iora practice model to new patients as well as other stakeholders such as the medical community
• Developing a medical network with trusted outside medical consultants, hospitalists, emergency room providers, support services and others
We seek a board-certified/eligible Internal Medicine, Family Medicine, or Geriatrics trained physician who has or is able to obtain Georgia state licensure.
• The ideal candidate will be an excellent clinician, a systems thinker, technologically savvy, excited to work in an interdisciplinary team, value service to our patients, and revel in uncertainty and ambiguity.
• The ability to build successful relationships with team members (who have a wide range of professional training) by working without ego and with strong collaborative spirit is an essential attribute.
• Candidates with work experience outside of medicine, and those with other advanced degrees or specialization, are encouraged to apply, as are recent residency program graduates.
• Spanish language proficiency a plus but not required.
Iora Health is restoring humanity to healthcare by building a different kind of health system focused on delivering high-impact relationship-based care. Iora has a network of primary care practices where we take the time to really know each of our patients as true individuals, and proactively provide the unique combination of care, support, and inspiration they need to live their best life.
The Iora Health (www.iorahealth.com) model of health care changes everything – payment, staffing, processes, IT systems, and culture. We have no status quo to defend, no arcane rules we must follow. We are a fast-paced, fresh-thinking, high-growth company building a better model of health care delivery.
Iora Health patients enjoy the benefits of improved access to care, non-office based encounters (e.g. phone, video chat, email, walking groups, etc.), an accessible and transparent medical record, and robust educational offerings. Iora Health practices offer smaller panel sizes, closer relationships between patients and care teams, no billing or coding, and the opportunity to lead systemic change in health care delivery while working with a true team.