• M.D. / D.O.
• Unrestricted Texas Medical License or eligibility for an unrestricted licensure within twelve months in the State of Texas
• Board certification in a Surgical specialty (other than Obstetrics and Gynecology) by an American Board of Medical Specialties (ABMS) recognized board
• Qualify for faculty appointment at the rank of Assistant Professor
• Must meet the practitioner recruitment requirements as set forth in the Anti-Kickback Statue and Stark Law
• Entrepreneurial spirit and program development skills for development of new services
• A basic understanding of budgeting revenue management and productivity considerations and a willingness to work closely with the TTUHSC El Paso administration to manage these areas within the department
• Experience as a practicing pediatrician in an academic medical center and willingness to maintain a high level of activity and visibility in a clinical setting
• Evidence of emerging leadership qualities with the ability to secure the confidence and cooperation of others, and strong appreciation and understanding of the critical importance and synergy between patient care, education, and scholarly activity, as well as the interdependent relationships inherent in a health science center
The Hospitals of Providence has been faithfully serving the El Paso community since 1902. Generations of families have chosen our hospitals. We serve as a steward of health in the El Paso community. Committed to providing the care you need, when you need it. Today, The Hospitals of Providence are comprised of our region’s most trusted hospitals, each dedicated to meeting your family’s specific healthcare needs. We have a passion to heal and make a difference in the lives of our community. And we’re always looking for others that feel the same way.
Opened in 2017, the 106-bed teaching hospital is a collaboration between Texas Tech University Health Sciences Center El Paso and The Hospitals of Providence. The facility is designed to serve the healthcare needs of El Paso and Southern New Mexico, while also providing a world-class training facility for up to 100 medical residents across a multi-year program.
• New full-service hospital with 106 beds in northwest El Paso.
• The Medical Plaza located adjacent to The Hospitals of Providence Transmountain Campus features physician clinic space.
• Transmountain Campus serves as a teaching facility for Texas Tech University Health Sciences Center El Paso medical students, residents, nursing students and researchers.
• The hospital will train up to 100 medical residents across a multi-year program.