• Clinical responsibilities will include general gastroenterology coverage at Nashville General Hospital including performing consultations on the inpatients with digestive and liver diseases.
• Performing Gastrointestinal endoscopy to include upper G.I. Endoscopy, colonoscopy, balloon dilation of strictures, placement of stents & PEG tubes, banding of esophageal varices and use of cautery, clips, etc. to control gastrointestinal bleeding.
• Able to perform and read capsule endoscopy studies.
• Maintain an outpatient gastroenterology practice that would include seeing outpatients at Nashville General Hospital.
• Successful completion of an ACGME approved gastroenterology fellowship training program required.
• Current ABIM certification in Gastroenterology required if more than 1 year from completion of fellowship training.
• Five or more years of experience in teaching medical students / residents preferred.