KEY JOB FEATURES
• Full Time, Hospital Employed
• Competitive Salary & Benefits with excellent malpractice coverage
• Excellent financial package for the right candidate.
• Sign On Bonus
• Relocation assistance
• 4 weeks’ vacation, 1 week CME, 6 paid holidays
KEY POSITION RESPONSIBILITIES
• Provide Gastroenterology Consultative Services within the Hospital.
• Provide supervision for mid-level providers.
• Shared reasonable call.
ABOUT MERCY HOSPITAL OF BUFFALO
Established in 1904, Mercy Hospital of Buffalo is one of the largest and busiest hospitals in the region, serving Buffalo and its surrounding communities. Along with a wide range of medical, surgical and maternal/child services, the hospital houses the Catholic Health Heart Center, providing a full range of cardiac care services including heart surgery and the latest minimally invasive cardiac procedures. Mercy Hospital serves as a Joint Commission-accredited Comprehensive Stroke Center with physician experts and capabilities to diagnose and treat the most complex stroke cases. The hospital is also home to the state-of-the-art Mercy Emergency Center featuring 32 private treatment rooms and a rooftop heliport. Mercy Hospital of Buffalo also has the Family BirthPlace providing a full spectrum of maternity/child services and a neonatal intensive care unit.
Work in an ever improving facility, recent renovation plans include:
A new addition of 20,000 square feet of OR space
A new MRI suite in an 8,100 square-foot addition
Work in top rated facility:
Mercy received the National Research Corporation (NRC Health) Excellence Award for Large Hospitals – 300+ beds (over 700 hospitals in that category). The reward is given to organizations for their commitment to enhancing care experiences.
Mercy’s critical care nursing team earned the Beacon Award for Excellence by the American Association of Critical Care Nurses (AACN).
Mercy Hospital of Buffalo is an American Heart Association/JACHO Comprehensive Stroke Center.
Mercy Hospital is a Stroke Gold Plus Quality facility per the American Stroke Association/American Heart Association
Mercy Hospital is a 5 Star Hospital for the treatment of Respiratory Failure
Mercy Hospital of Buffalo received the American College of Cardiology Platinum Achievement Award
• Board Eligible or Certified in Gastroenterology
• Fellowship Trained in Gastroenterology
• ERCP and EUS procedures preferred but not required
• Candidate must have current unrestricted New York State license or NYS Licensure in progress and active on date of hire
• The candidate must have current unrestricted federal, and as needed, state prescriptive authority.
• New and recent Graduates encouraged to apply
ABOUT CATHOLIC HEALTH IN BUFFALO
• Catholic Health Has 5 hospitals throughout Western New York State
• Catholic Health’s network includes OBGYN, Primary care and specialty centers
• Catholic Health geographically covers two counties
• Catholic Health provides acute, outpatient and ancillary services, including Cardiac, Vascular and Orthopedic Excellence
• Catholic Health has over 8000 employees
ABOUT WESTERN NEW YORK
Buffalo is located in Western New York State and is a beautiful waterfront city that offers all four seasons with numerous outdoor recreational activities and an active lifestyle all year round. Buffalo and Western New York provide many of the large city amenities such as theater, great food, excellent schools, great cultural events, without being encumbered by high costs, traffic and overcrowding. It is currently experiencing a rebirth and revitalization, which has changed the landscape as well as the opportunities for fun.
BUFFALO - NIAGARA
1. Is #10 in the USA for least expensive places to live.
2. Has an average commute of 20 minutes.
3. Enjoy 24 performance Theaters
4. Browse over 40 Museums
5. Boasts an amazing Olmsted Park System
6. Has incredible architecture
7. Features outstanding quality restaurants, with strong variety and easily accessible.
8. Has over 100 direct flights daily for easy travel.
9. Has only 4.25 hours of ground stop annually at the Airport.
10. Is the City of Good Neighbors.
Interested applicants should reply with a current CV and a cover letter (with salary requirements) to the attention of:
Bridget Conti, Physician Recruiter, Catholic Health, firstname.lastname@example.org
No solicitations from third-party recruitment firms (retained and contingency) and locums companies.
• The candidate must have current unrestricted federal, and as needed, state prescriptive authority. Procedures • ERCP and EUS procedures preferred but not required