The Department of Family Medicine, East Carolina University seeks innovative faculty for its dynamic Geriatrics Division. Position is for a board certified Family Medicine or Internal Medicine Physician with additional certificate of added qualifications in Geriatrics for the primary purposes of teaching family medicine residents, geriatric fellows and medical students.
Job Highlights include:
• Join a transformative department, implementing the Patient-Centered Medical Home model in all aspects of education, teaching, and research
• Tenure track or fixed term appointment and is open to all levels of academic achievement to include assistant, associate, and full professor
• New state- of- the- art Monk Geriatric Center with dedicated teaching and patient care areas
• Leadership opportunities exist for geriatric fellowship, teaching nursing home project, and residency curriculum development
• Responsibilities include teaching medical students, residents, fellows and other learners
• Opportunities are available for outpatient service only
• Practice and teaching sites include an ambulatory geriatric clinic, the Family Medicine Center, inpatient hospice and two teaching nursing homes.
The ECU Brody School of Medicine is affiliated with Vidant Medical Center. Vidant Medical Center is the flagship hospital for Vidant Health and serves as the teaching hospital for the Brody School of Medicine at East Carolina University.