• Full Time or Part Time Hours Available
• Clinics will operate from 8:00AM - 7:30PM M-F and Saturday 8:00AM - 12:00PM (two days extended
hours per clinic)
Spira Care, a partnership between Shawnee Mission Health and a local health and wellness organization,
has been designed to put patients first and to provide physicians a place where they will see the
difference they make in people’s lives. We are seeking providers to lead an innovative approach to
healthcare as a part of the care teams supporting our new state-of-the art Care Centers. Our patients
are members, not just patients. They specifically choose Spira Care for all their primary health needs.
Spira Care is based on a simple belief: healthcare should be a place, not a plan. That belief guides the
design of our Care Centers, the member-focused way we provide care, the technology we use, and—
most importantly—the workplace culture we’re building. The hours at Spira Care reflect our
commitment to convenience and catering to our members. Each Care Center will have evening hours
two nights per week and rotating Saturday hours. Spira Care will provide all primary care services.
If you join our team of providers, you will help our team deliver a high standard for the members we
serve, and you will have the opportunity to elevate your professional experience with a leadership team
that is driven to inspire progress. Our teams are made up of professionals driven to deliver healthcare in
an innovative manner that will lead to an improved experience and successful outcomes for our patients
You will be responsible for:
• Supports and adheres to organizational policies, procedures and protocols.
• Honors patient dignity, privacy and confidentiality, and respect for human diversity.
• Demonstrates collaborative behaviors with members of the health care team.
• Promotes a positive image of Shawnee Mission Health throughout the system and community.
• Models behaviors conducive to the developmental needs of staff and helps them develop their
• Demonstrates and conveys a favorable image of the Medical Center.
• Maintains an unwavering commitment to the highest standards of ethical behavior and honesty.
• Delegates and/or assigns nursing care responsibilities considering the following factors - the
degree of supervision needed by the associate, competence and experience level, staff
availability, and patient acuity.
• Utilizes Patient Care Problem Solving Process and/or Conflict Resolution Process to resolve patient
• Initiates and maintains accurate records, appropriate legal documents and other health care
• Transmits/prescribes prescription orders pursuant to written protocols and in accordance with
• Incorporates patient needs and concerns into decision-making and organizational action.
• Performs initial and on-going assessments of self-care, psychosocial needs, education,
environment and discharge planning, incorporating information from the identified significant
other and other health providers.
• Utilizes skills of observation, inspection, palpation, percussion and auscultation using diagnostic
instruments or laboratory procedures that are basic to the screening of physical signs and
• Assesses learning needs, readiness, and capabilities of patient/family, including cultural, religious
practices, language barriers, emotional barriers, educational level, motivation and limitations.
• Seeks appropriate resources to clarify information concerning the nursing/medical care regime as
needed. Coordinates care by collaborating with others to obtain appropriate services, including
multidisciplinary team meetings.
• Initiates the multidisciplinary teaching plan which provides patient/family/significant other skills
to address, as appropriate; the safe and effective use of medications, nutrition/modified diets,
potential food/drug interactions, safe and effective use of equipment, rehabilitative techniques,
access to community resources and when and how to obtain further treatment.
• Implements care according to the patient’s plan of care in collaboration with the
patient/significant other and health care team.
• Exercises critical thinking skills to make sound clinical judgments about patient care as evidenced
by practice patterns, documentation and patient outcomes.
• Uses appropriate verbal and non-verbal communication to demonstrate warmth and caring and to
provide a healing environment.
• Maintains competency in professional practice and additional competencies as appropriate to the
patient population served.
• Kansas Medical License
• BLS obtained through the American Heart Association
• Unwavering commitment to patient care and positive patient experience
- Coverage: Occurrence-based
- Claim Limit: $0.2M
- Aggregate Limit: $0.6M
- Carrier: Coverys