*** Seeking BC Family Medicine physician for ASAP Start****
• Full Time or Part Time Hours Available
• Clinics will operate from 8:00AM - 7:30PM M-F and Saturday 8:00AM - 12:00PM (two days extended hours per clinic)
Spira Care, a partnership between Shawnee Mission Health and a local health and wellness organization, has been designed to put patients first and to provide physicians a place where they will see the difference they make in people’s lives. We are seeking providers to lead an innovative approach to healthcare as a part of the care teams supporting our new state-of-the art Care Centers. Our patients are members, not just patients. They specifically choose Spira Care for all their primary health needs. Spira Care is based on a simple belief: healthcare should be a place, not a plan. That belief guides the design of our Care Centers, the member-focused way we provide care, the technology we use, and— most importantly—the workplace culture we’re building. The hours at Spira Care reflect our commitment to convenience and catering to our members. Each Care Center will have evening hours two nights per week and rotating Saturday hours. Spira Care will provide all primary care services. If you join our team of providers, you will help our team deliver a high standard for the members we serve, and you will have the opportunity to elevate your professional experience with a leadership team that is driven to inspire progress. Our teams are made up of professionals driven to deliver healthcare in an innovative manner that will lead to an improved experience and successful outcomes for our patients and community.
You will be responsible for:
• Supports and adheres to organizational policies, procedures and protocols.
• Honors patient dignity, privacy and confidentiality, and respect for human diversity.
• Demonstrates collaborative behaviors with members of the health care team.
• Promotes a positive image of Shawnee Mission Health throughout the system and community.
• Models behaviors conducive to the developmental needs of staff and helps them develop their potential.
• Demonstrates and conveys a favorable image of the Medical Center.
• Maintains an unwavering commitment to the highest standards of ethical behavior and honesty.
• Delegates and/or assigns nursing care responsibilities considering the following factors - the degree of supervision needed by the associate, competence and experience level, staff availability, and patient acuity.
• Utilizes Patient Care Problem Solving Process and/or Conflict Resolution Process to resolve patient care conflicts.
• Initiates and maintains accurate records, appropriate legal documents and other health care reports.
• Transmits/prescribes prescription orders pursuant to written protocols and in accordance with DEA requirements.
• Incorporates patient needs and concerns into decision-making and organizational action.
• Performs initial and on-going assessments of self-care, psychosocial needs, education, environment and discharge planning, incorporating information from the identified significant other and other health providers.
• Utilizes skills of observation, inspection, palpation, percussion and auscultation using diagnostic instruments or laboratory procedures that are basic to the screening of physical signs and symptoms.
• Assesses learning needs, readiness, and capabilities of patient/family, including cultural, religious practices, language barriers, emotional barriers, educational level, motivation and limitations.
• Seeks appropriate resources to clarify information concerning the nursing/medical care regime as needed. Coordinates care by collaborating with others to obtain appropriate services, including multidisciplinary team meetings.
• Initiates the multidisciplinary teaching plan which provides patient/family/significant other skills to address, as appropriate; the safe and effective use of medications, nutrition/modified diets, potential food/drug interactions, safe and effective use of equipment, rehabilitative techniques, access to community resources and when and how to obtain further treatment.
• Implements care according to the patient’s plan of care in collaboration with the patient/significant other and health care team.
• Exercises critical thinking skills to make sound clinical judgments about patient care as evidenced by practice patterns, documentation and patient outcomes.
• Uses appropriate verbal and non-verbal communication to demonstrate warmth and caring and to provide a healing environment.
• Maintains competency in professional practice and additional competencies as appropriate to the patient population served.