The Program Director is the leader of the respective residency program. He/She are to direct all curriculum, supervise all faculty in the program and be ultimately responsible for the training of all residents in their respective program.
He/She is to work collaboratively with the Graduate Medical Education department to ensure that the academic standards of the Family Medical Residency Program are met and the faculty is appropriately supervised.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND JOB RESPONSIBILITIES:
All essential functions must be performed. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with qualified disabilities to perform the essential functions.
1. Review quarterly and perform annual evaluations on all residents and perform annual evaluations on faculty members as well as facilitate a programmatic evaluation annually. In addition, ensure that appropriate procedure logs and patient contacts are recorded as required by the basic standards.
2. Maintain academic integrity of residency program.
3. Facilitate appropriate affiliation agreements with outside institutions with approval from the Chief Medical Officer.
4. Provide counsel, discipline, and advisement to residents and ensure that there is an adequate balance between service and educational content in the residency program.
5. Ensure compliance with all AdventHealth Sebring medical education policies and appropriate work duties.
6. Ensure that resident evaluations of faculty and rotations are completed in a timely manner.
7. Monitor, along with Residency Coordinator, the work hour restrictions and ensure compliance. Counsel residents that are in violation of the policy.
8. Oversee the academic content of the residency and ensure appropriate didactics occur on a weekly basis.
9. Facilitate regular faculty meetings to occur at a minimum of once per month at a time to be determined by the Program Director.
10. Be intimately involved in the selection process of new residents. Interview all perspective applicants for program deemed acceptable. Work with Residency Coordinator to develop specific selection criteria.
11. Provide oversight to program faculty to ensure their commitment to the education process.
12. Attend all required educational events as per the basic standards.
13. Maintain exemplary citizenship as a AdventHealth Sebring provider, as a role model for resident physicians, as well as medical students.
These duties will be performed in an acceptable manner according to the hospitals mission, vision, goals and management expectations.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIRED:
• DO or MD degree. Board certification in Family Medicine specialty or as required by the ACGME.
• Unrestricted Florida medical license and privileges at AdventHealth Sebring.