South Bay Family Health Care is seeking a physician to join their team at Redondo Beach, CA. This person will provide clinical case management support to staff providers, interface with management to provide clinical input on the development and implementation of policies and procedures. He or she will also provide primary and family planning care to SBFHC patients. This person will meet with staff providers on an on-going, regular basis to discuss clinical concerns and opportunities for care improvement. He or she will complete a weekly summary sheet of Case Management meetings for incorporation in SBFHC’s quality assurance program and will also provide as-needed consultation support to staff providers on issues relating to health care delivery.
This is a permanent position.
Direct Patient Care Responsibilities:
- Perform patient assessment, physical examinations, order/perform necessary laboratory and diagnostic tests, proficiency testing, prescribe and dispense medications in compliance with SBFHC established medical protocols.
- Strictly adhere to universal precautions as established by the Center for Disease Control and Prevention, Occupational Safety and Health Administration, DHS/OA and SBFHC.
- Demonstrate complete discretion when discussing patient information; adhere to strict standards regarding patient confidentiality, informed consent and disclosure as required by HIPAA, California law and agency policy. Participate in monthly peer review/chart audit program.
- Complete documentation of client/patient findings and recommendations at the end of each visit according to established protocols.
- Complete clinical portion of diagnostic referral form and attach to medical record upon completion of patient visit.
- Document services provided on the superbill at the completion of each visit and attach form to the medical record.
- Maintain awareness of current clinical treatment and information in assigned area.
- Return/resolve patient phone calls within 48 hours of receipt and notes action taken in medical record.
- Perform patient care responsibilities in accordance with the appointment schedule. Inform Director of Clinical Operations when unforeseen issues occur and prevent the provision of timely patient care.
- Review and sign all diagnostic test reports. Note action taken on abnormal studies in designated area in the medical record.
- Manage client prescription refills on assigned day.
- Participate in staff/student practitioner training and inform support staff of clinical practice updates.
- Participate in staff meetings.
- Consistently is on time and ready to begin work at the start of the work day. Does not abuse availability of sick time.
- Wears regulatory laboratory coat at all time in patient/client areas.
- Performs other duties as assigned.