This is a permanent position.
Direct Patient Care Responsibilities:
- Perform patient assessment, physical examinations, order/perform necessary laboratory and diagnostic tests, proficiency testing, prescribe and dispense medications in compliance with SBFHC established medical protocols.
- Strictly adhere to universal precautions as established by the Center for Disease Control and Prevention, Occupational Safety and Health Administration, DHS/OA and SBFHC.
- Demonstrate complete discretion when discussing patient information; adhere to strict standards regarding patient confidentiality, informed consent and disclosure as required by HIPAA, California law and agency policy. Participate in monthly peer review/chart audit program.
- Complete documentation of client/patient findings and recommendations at the end of each visit according to established protocols.
- Complete clinical portion of diagnostic referral form and attach to medical record upon completion of patient visit.
- Document services provided on the superbill at the completion of each visit and attach form to the medical record.
- Maintain awareness of current clinical treatment and information in assigned area.
- Return/resolve patient phone calls within 48 hours of receipt and notes action taken in medical record.
- Perform patient care responsibilities in accordance with the appointment schedule. Inform Director of Clinical Operations when unforeseen issues occur and prevent the provision of timely patient care.
- Review and sign all diagnostic test reports. Note action taken on abnormal studies in designated area in the medical record.
- Manage client prescription refills on assigned day.
- Participate in staff/student practitioner training and inform support staff of clinical practice updates.
- Participate in staff meetings.
- Consistently is on time and ready to begin work at the start of the work day. Does not abuse availability of sick time.
- Wears regulatory laboratory coat at all time in patient/client areas.
- Performs other duties as assigned.