The Family Practice Physician will diagnoses and treat diseases and injuries usual to family practice. He/she may perform surgery as qualified and will refer patients to specialists for matters beyond his/her expertise.
The medical director will be responsible for the following:
- Reviewing medical histories at every visit
- Charting all pathologic conditions, explains them to the patient
- Examining patient for presenting problem.
- Diagnosing and prescribing treatment, including prescriptions as necessary
- Performing medical procedures as qualified
- Treating emergency situations as possible in the clinic setting
- Admitting patients to hospital as necessary
- Referring patient to specialist if necessary
- Counseling patient according to need
- Counseling regarding mental health as qualified
- Consulting with other professional staff
- Performing other duties as assigned
The medical director will be supervised by the Clinic Administrator and his/her designee. He/she will supervise FNP and RN assigned to his/her practice and assure integration of patient education into all treatment phases. The medical director will work with the administrative staff to ensure the quality of the day-to-day function of the clinic and the conformity of its practices to all applicable Federal, State and local laws and regulations.