The Southern Oregon Cardiology Practice offers:
1. Robust demand for general, EP and IC services (high-volume STEMI and structural heart disease programs with good outcomes) with a patient population that draws from 9 counties in southern Oregon and northern California.
2. Busy EP program (2018 volume for three electrophysiologists included 304 pacemakers, 111 single and dual chamber ICDs, 50 BiV pacemakers, 118 BiV-ICD devices, 165 cryoablations, 25 non-cryo afib ablations, 162 SVT ablations, 24 VT ablations, 1 epicardial VT ablation, 40 Watchman devices, and 1 LARIAT procedure).
3. Collaborative, team-based approach to patient care.
4. Weekly cardiology conference for case discussion and presentations.
5. One-year partnership track position.
The practice is associated with Asante Rogue Regional Medical Center, which is a 378 bed, state-of-the-art hospital that enjoys tremendous community support. The Asante Health System consists of Rogue Regional Medical in Medford, Asante Three Rivers Medical Center in Grants Pass, Asante Ashland Community Hospital in Ashland, and numerous outpatient clinics. All three Asante Hospitals have earned Medicare/Medicaid 5 stars (of 5 hospitals of Oregon's 62 hospitals). The hospital earned the designation of "STEMI Receiving Gold Plus" from the American Heart Association's Mission Lifeline. Asante is recognized as a top 15 Health System by Watson Health 7 years in a row. Rogue Regional Medical Center is a top 100 hospital (top 2% in the nation for the last 5 years) and CareChex has voted Asante Rogue Regional Medical Center as the number one hospital in Oregon for Heart Attack Treatment, Safety and Medical Excellence. RRMC was also the number one hospital in the Nation for Medical Excellence in Interventional Coronary care in 2018. The Medical Group Management Association (MGMA) has recognized SOC as one of the top performing medical practices in the nation for the past seven years.
Medford is located in southern Oregon’s Rogue Valley between Oregon's Willamette Valley and California's Central Valley. The mild winters and warm dry summers create an ideal climate for the Harry and David pear orchards and a burgeoning wine economy, featuring over 60 wineries. Popular features of the region include the internationally acclaimed Oregon Shakespeare Festival, the Britt Music Festival, Crater Lake National Park, the Redwoods and Mount Shasta. The proximity to the mountains and rivers means accessible and ample hiking, cross country skiing, show shoeing, downhill skiing, white water rafting and kayaking and fly fishing for salmon and steelhead trout. A short drive to the coast provides access to the pristine beaches of Oregon and Northern California. A regional airport and location on I-5 means cities like Ashland, Portland, Seattle, San Francisco, Los Angeles, Las Vegas and Denver are either a drive or flight away.
It is a good opportunity.
John D'Angelo, M.Ed., FACHE, CMPE, Executive Director,