Mercy hospital is seeking a BC/BE Pediatric Neurologist for ongoing coverage starting ASAP.
• Start: ASAP
• Total # of Hospital beds 979
• % Hospital Admissions: 0-2
• Average Phone calls per night: 3-5
• Consults per night: 1-3
• Minimum shifts: 1 weekend Per Month
• Shift: Friday 4pm-8am, Saturday 8am-12am, Sunday 12am-12am, and Monday 12am-7am
• Only taking call for Mercy Hospital St. Louis
• LOOKING FOR LOCAL CANDIDATES ONLY
• Must be BE/BC
• Must have current MO license
• EMR: EPIC
• The physician could be requested for IP consults on top of the ED consults he will be making, they will be required to round on any patients that they admit for surgery when the patient is admitted to floor, so they only round on the patients they operate on; and finally will be required to perform surgeries if a patient presents to the ED.
Weekend call involves:
1. Medication refills.
2. Parent calls for advice regarding breakthrough seizures and intractable headaches
3. ER calls for established patients with headaches and seizures. Also new patients usually with headaches and seizures.
4. Hospital consults that require physician to come into hospital to perform consult for patients in PICU, NICU or on pediatric floor.
Call volume can vary, although most weekends there are few/some/1-3 in-patient consults. “
1. 5-15 phone calls per weekend for refills, advice and ER calls. 1-3 inpatient consults per weekend.
2. Consultations are usually seen that day if consult call is received in the morning and the next day if call received at night.
3. Frequently we wait until MRI and EEG completed before coming in to do consults.
- Coverage: Occurrence-based
- Claim Limit: $1.0M
- Aggregate Limit: $3.0M
- Carrier: Coverys