The physicians of Southern Oregon Cardiology (SOC) seek a well-trained, board eligible general invasive cardiologist to join our group. HF interest and experience is especially welcomed.
SOC is a well- established, private referral cardiology practice recognized for excellence in care for more than 40 years. It is a robust practice of 19 cardiologists and 6 nurse practitioners providing care in Medford, Grants Pass, and Brookings, Oregon. SOC has 11 general/invasive
cardiologists, 5 interventional cardiologists, and 3 electrophysiologists who work closely with 3 cardiothoracic surgeons at Asante Rogue Regional Medical Center.
The Southern Oregon Cardiology offers:
1. A one-year partnership track position
2. Weekly multi-disciplinary cardiology conferences for case discussions and presentations
3. All cardiologists participate in the call schedule and schedule is divided equitably by demand and discipline.
4. Robust demand for general, STEMI, EP and IC services with a patient population that draws from 9 counties throughout southern Oregon and northern California.
5. Clinical research opportunities available with two clinical research nurses to facilitate studies.
6. Collegial atmosphere with assigned transition assistance mentor for all newly joining cardiologists.
7. Engaged positive culture with emphasis on open dialogue, effective problem solving and camaraderie among the cardiologists, staff and hospitals.
8. Competitive salary, relocation reimbursement, health/dental/vision insurance, paid malpractice, paid CME and 4 week vacation
The practice is associated with Asante Rogue Regional Medical Center which is a 378 bed, state-of-the- art hospital that enjoys tremendous community support. The Asante Health System consists of Rogue Regional Medical Center in Medford, Three Rivers Medical Center in Grants Pass, Ashland Community Hospital, and numerous outpatient clinics. The hospital earned the designation “STEMI Receiving Center Gold Plus” from the American Heart Association’s Mission Lifeline. Asante is recognized as a top 15 health system by Truven Analytics 7 years in a row, and Rogue Regional Medical Center is a top 100 hospital (top 2% in the nation for the last 3 years). Medical Group Management Association (MGMA) has recognized SOC as one of the top performing medical practices in
the nation for the last four years.
Medford is in The Rogue Valley directly on I-5 north of Ashland and is among the mountains that separate Oregon’s Willamette Valley and California’s Central Valley. Medford offers multiple great public schools at all levels of education, as well as Montessori for grades pre K-6, and Oregonian Cup winning St. Mary’s Catholic school for grades 6-12. The mild winters and warm, dry summers creates an ideal climate for a burgeoning wine economy. Popular features of the region include the
Oregon Shakespeare Festival, the Britt Music Festival, Crater Lake National Park, the Redwoods, and Mount Shasta. Closeness to the mountains and rivers means accessible and ample hiking, biking, cross country skiing, downhill skiing, white water rafting, and fly fishing. A short drive to the coast provides access to the pristine beaches of Oregon and Northern California. A regional airport and location on I-5 means cities like Ashland, Portland, Seattle, Denver, Los Angeles, Las Vegas and San Francisco are either short drives or flights away.
John D'Angelo, M.Ed., FACHE, CMPE, Executive Director