• Varying shifts, i.e., 8’s, 10’s, and/or 12’s depending on day of week.
• Will consider someone available one or two weeks a month vs. full-time hours each week.
Case Mix/Clinical Skills:
• Cases include lots of eyes, ortho, total joints, urology, general, podiatry, endo, vascular, lungs, blocks, healthy peds (ENT). No hearts, heads or trauma. No OB.
• Endo performed in non-OR location.
• Sometimes do sedation with MRI and radiation.
• Physicians will done some own cases, but I don’t have percentage information at this time.
• Takes approximately four weeks to credential with temp / locum privileges once confirmed and all paperwork is received.
• 7 ORs; 2 GI labs, and 2-room free-standing surgery center.
• 485-bed hospital
• 9,000 annual cases
• Physicians must be board certified ABA or AOBA
• Charting: Epic
• Case logs required
• All locums are required to complete documentation training (takes no more than 30 minutes).
• Compliance training mandatory; needs to be completed within 30 days of start. Annual compliance each fall.
• QGenda utilized for scheduling. Locums will be required to clock in/out for reporting purposes only; will still be required to complete/submit the agency timesheet as usual for payroll.
• Flexibility is key with all locums
• PPD annually
• ACLS, PALS, and BLS are required
• Pager Stipend: $200.00/day Malpractice coverage Nomad will provide medical malpractice insurance:
- Coverage: Occurrence-based
- Claim Limit: $1.0M
- Aggregate Limit: $3.0M
- Carrier: Coverys