Nomad's partner network is seeking a BC Anesthesiologist for ongoing coverage starting May 2019. This is a Full-Time position.
• Beeper call, one physician on call
Case Mix/Clinical Skills:
• General cases, ENT, podiatry, gastro, ortho, urology, neuro, regional blocks for pain management
• OB COVERED BY PERM EMPLOYEES; HOWEVER, LOCUMS MAY BE ASKED TO HELP WITH OB
• Has 24-hour in-house OB coverage; shift not call (float from other locations while covering OB)
• 1,500+ annual deliveries, approximately 1,514 epidurals annually
• CRNAs perform labor epidurals
• Model: 10 Physicians/23 CRNAs
• Number of ORs:
• 9 ORs and 2 L&D rooms
• 6 ORs w/ 1 cysto room and coverage for 1 off site (echo, broncho, or MRI)
• 40-hour minimum week guaranteed
• Locums will flex between the two hospitals
• Coverage between both facilities:
o 17 rooms start at 0700
o 8 rooms at 1500
o 5 rooms at 1700
o 4 rooms between 1900-2000
o All elective surgeries typically done by 2000
• Case logs required
• Electronic charting (Cerner)
• All locums are required to complete documentation training (takes no more than 30 minutes)
• Compliance training mandatory; needs to be completed within 30 days of start. Annual compliance each fall.
• QGenda utilized for scheduling. Locums will be required to clock in/out for reporting purposes only; will still be required to complete/submit the agency timesheet as usual for payroll.
• Guaranteed 40-hour week (unless time off is required or clinician calls out); guarantee does not apply to holiday weeks.
• Flexibility is key
- Coverage: Occurrence-based
- Claim Limit: $1.0M
- Aggregate Limit: $3.0M
- Carrier: Coverys