Nomad's partner network is seeking a BC Anesthesiologist for ongoing coverage starting ASAP. This is a Full-Time position.
Case Mix/Clinical Skills:
• Types of cases include Ortho, Neuro, Vascular, healthy Peds, Endo, Urology, and Outpatient. Tends to be B&B but do see very sick patients (oldest patient 110 years!).
o No hearts or thoracic
• 600 annual deliveries (200 epidurals, 200 C-Sections)
o 30% epidural rate (trying to grow this service to 70-80%)
• 10 ORs with 6 running Mondays, Tuesdays, and Wednesdays (busiest days), Fridays start with 5 rooms, and no Saturday schedule but one OR open
• Physicians and CRNAs push meds
• Epidurals usually monitored by physicians
• CRNAs do spinals; limited epidurals and very few regional blocks
• Call for the locum is not required but definitely preferred
• MD call is 1 week every 4, starts Friday at 1500- Monday at 0630, then Monday-Thursday evenings 1630-0630 finishing the following Friday morning.
• After 2300, MDs take all calls.
• Hospital has a call room.
• OB call from home. MD goes in to place epidurals and can go back home (resides within 20-30 minutes from facility).
• OR call from home. MD goes in calls CRNA start case and leave once case is finished.
• 210-bed hospital
• The anesthesia record is paper, however, orders and patient information is on a Meditech EMR.
• Fast pace, quick turnover
• Case logs required.
• All locums are required to complete documentation training (takes no more than 30 minutes).
• Flexibility is key with all locums
- Coverage: Occurrence-based
- Claim Limit: $1.0M
- Aggregate Limit: $3.0M
- Carrier: Coverys